This video provides tips for those who want to do it themselves as well as for those who realize that a qualified financial advisor can help them implement better tax-efficient strategies than they can on their own.
Key topics covered:
- What are the differences between stocks and bonds and what percentage of each should I have in my portfolio?
- How can I do low-cost index investing on my own?
- What types of assets should I put in my taxable accounts versus in my retirement accounts?
- Why should I pay a financial advisor 1% to 2% of my assets when I can do low-cost index investing for a fraction of the cost?
- Why is it important to focus on after-tax returns?
- How can I pay a 0% on capital gains taxes up to $80k in income?
- What is the difference between a fee-only versus a fee-based advisor?
- What topics should I be talking to my financial advisor about?
- What questions should I be asking a potential financial advisor to determine if they are really qualified or are just a salesman in disguise?