Creating Tax-Efficient Investment and Estate Strategies for UHNW Clients through PPLI
Private Placement Life Insurance (PPLI) is an effective way for UHNW clients to move assets outside of their estate and protect the future gains from income taxes, estate taxes, and creditors.
This presentation does a deep dive into what PPLI is and how family offices, RIAs, CPAs, and estate attorneys can utilize it to help UHNW clients manage their estate and investment planning issues.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 02:24 – Who is Rajiv Rebello and Colva?
- 06:21- What is Private Placement Life Insurance and how does it help RIA’s, Estae Attorneys and CPAs create portfolio and tax-alpha?
- 08:58 – PPLI costs vs tax-savings
- 13:05 – PPLI Liquidity: “Super Roth IRA” for UHNW clients
- 17:25 – PPLI vs Traditional UL and VUL
- 21:41 – How does PPLI solve estate and investment problems for UHNW clients?
- 25:04 – Who are the ideal clients for PPLI?
- 27:00 – What are the risks of PPLI and how do we minimize costs?
- 35:54 – The problem with using taxable bonds as retirement solutions
- 40:11 – Minimizing the after-tax drag of advisory fees through PPLI
- 41:40 – Improving tax-efficiency of grantor trust generational wealth transfer strategies
- 45:28 -Other Fixed income solutions for HNW clients using life insurance
Key topics covered:
- Why are rising interest rates and high taxes a problem for UHNW clients and their advisors?
- How PPLI is essentially a retirement vehicle for UHNW clients and UHNW individuals?
- PPLI liquidity “Super Roth IRA” for UHNW clients.
- Risks of PPLI and how to minimize costs?
- How can RIAs, Estate Attorneys, and CPAs work together to create a holistic plan for the client that addresses both investment solution strategies and estate issues?